Kristensen Law Obtains $8.9 Million Dollar Verdict, Including $6.8 Million Dollars in Punitive Damages. Read the Details Here.
Se Habla Español
Contact Us Today 310-507-7924

Los Angeles Law Blog

By John Kristensen of Kristensen, LLP posted in Car Accident on Thursday, April 26, 2018.
Which Doctor Should You See After A Car Accident For A Successful Personal Injury Case?

If you have been injured in a car accident or want to seek medical attention even if it seems that no bodily harm has been suffered, you are probably wondering, “What doctor should I see first?”

This is a very common question that people ask themselves and their lawyers after car accidents in Los Angeles and all across California. We invited our Los Angeles car accident attorney from the Kristensen, LLP, to answer this burning question.

Which doctor should you visit after an auto accident?

If you have been in a motor vehicle collision, the first medical professional you are going to see will most likely be either an emergency room doctor or a general practitioner.

However, which doctor you will be referred to depends largely on the extent and seriousness of your injuries. If your injuries were not severe and are not urgent, it makes sense to see an ER doctor or general practitioner to get medical attention and conduct a medical evaluation.

Our Los Angeles car accident lawyer says that it does not matter which doctor you see immediately after an auto accident, what matters is the fact that you make a visit to the hospital and see any doctor. This will not only help you begin treatment (if you need one) as soon as possible, but also help you succeed in your personal injury claim.

You see, if you do not seek medical attention after a car accident immediately and you decide to recover damages for your injuries in a car accident later on, the fact that you did not make that initial visit after an auto accident may raise suspicion among insurance companies, juries and judges.

So having your injuries and treatment documented following an auto accident is of paramount importance for your personal injury case.

What is the right doctor for car accident injuries?

After your initial medical evaluation following an auto accident, a qualified doctor may refer you to other specialists. Which specialists you will have to visit depends on the nature of your medical condition. It is vital, however, to keep record of every visit you make after a car accident to be able to reimburse for your out-of-pocket medical expenses later on.

It is also important to follow your doctor’s prescriptions and plan of medical care not only to speed up your recovery but also to help you build a strong personal injury case in order to seek compensation for your medical bills, loss of earning capacity, lost wages, and other damages.

In order to build a successful personal injury case, it is important to document your medical record and testimony from your doctors, our best car accident attorneys in California advise.

How to evaluate damages after a car accident?

Here at the Kristensen LLP, our attorneys cooperate with competent and qualified doctors in Los Angeles and all across California to conduct a thorough and quick medical evaluation of our clients’ injuries and determine the full cost of damages they have suffered.

Also, do keep in mind that some injuries do not show up right away, which is why it is highly advised to (a) seek medical attention after a car accident even if it seems as if you were not injured, and (b) keep an eye on your health condition and symptoms that may indicate that you suffered harm in the collision.

Contact our Los Angeles offices to get a free case evaluation. Call at 310-984-1297 or complete this contact form and let our skilled attorneys evaluate the cost of your damages.